Sunday, October 17, 2010

Vermouth

Someone gave me (well that would be sharon) a bottle of the stuff as a gift as a secret santa for xmas probably 5+ years ago. I've had it around even moved it from place to place. But never used it....why would someone give me a bottle of the stuff anyway. I figured i'd keep it around just in case someone ever said "what this drink needs is vermouth" and then I'd run down to my wine rack in the basement and "ta da".
So far that hasn't happened.

Then...for some reason I've become obsessed with the Julie/Julia project, I've read the book, seen the movie(actually have it recorded on PVR and sometimes....late at night when I can't sleep....it's easier than finding the dvd(have that too) to stick in the machine) but i goggled something or other can't remember what, and the project came up on the search. so I've been reading it from day one. I gotta say it's taking along time to read the thing. And I've been downloading recipes that were hard to find on the internet until I found an easier site.

anyhoo,.. there is vermouth all over this book. so i dragged the bottle up, opened it, and declared to everyone...."we will finish this bottle....we will put it in everything that calls for alcohol...as god is my witness....

So I will let you know how it goes.....

No comments: