Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Too many books

There's way too many library books around here.  And the pile of DVD's.

Latest pile adorning the place

currently a little obsessed with zakka style.

Have to get myself down to a store and stock up on notions.  Wish I had seen this book before garage sale season.  I remember discarding many pile of notions for very few $$$ (howcome my keyboard doesn't have a cents sign on the regular keyboard)


interesting book..In that I don't remember why or from where...that I even put it on hold at the library.  It only took about a couple hours to read.  And I got interupted a few times.  There was probably ...maybe two things I would make from the book.  A little dissapointed that it was sooooo....meager...like maybe more stories.  I really enjoyed the book.  More interested in the story than I was in the food.  I will forever look at a hotel/motel/bed and breakie different.  Specially the vase.  Who-would-a-thought.


yeah...right...that's gonna work.  When will everyone realise "when it's out there.....it's out there".  Like I'm going to ask permission for taking a pic of it.

I might make the croissant pudding.  If I ever have some stale croissants around here.  I actually made this - but in a 9x12 baking dish on xmas morning.  I believe it was a barefoot contessa one.  It was very good but a little soggy in the middle so cooking them in ramekins would make more sense.  I remember while chopping up stuff for the stuffing for the turkey that particular morning me and my daughter in law were eyeing the leftover croissant pudding and quickly chopped it up and added it to the stuffing.  There was maybe one serving remaining.  and it was the middle soggy section.  Don't think it made any difference to the stuffing one way or the other

I might make the mushroom toast thing.  But I personally don't like mushrooms.  But have been known to eat them if they are browned correctly (don't crowd the m'rooms)with vermouth -  as in the movie Julia/Julie.  Finally discovered why I hated mushrooms.  Hate the soggy slimmy undercooked ones.

Ohh yea.... I will def try the tomato fritter things.  They did look awesome.  If I can ever remember by next summer that is. I did manage to produce some amazingly good grape tomatoes that I picked up as a seedling only because I figured I might need a grape tomato.  They actually were a bumper producer and the best tomato I grew this year.

oh dear, that's three.  That's usually my quota before I can buy the book.  Three recipes I'd make for sure.  Bummer

And then there was that Tomato Soup Puff Pastry thing......

I wonder how that would taste with heinz tomato soup? hmmmm



I've tried knitting years ago...and figured maybe I need to start again and need a refresher


I received this picture on my text messages on my cell phone thanksgiving just as I was leaving dinner.

So this week I have been sewing up a storm.

Last week I spotted this and quickly plugged in the printer and scaled it into sixth's then dragged out all my whites, off whites, pinks, black,s grays purples etc..... etc... and the rotary cutter and proceeded to cut away for a quilt for my g'daughter (a hello kitty aficionado ) and then I figured...hmmmm why not.  I should also cut one as a baby quilt too.  You know...just in case.

I really need to get a flat flannel sheet.  This taped up bits and pieces thing is really starting to annoy me as a board.


And then I got the news.....


Hello kitty....well it's not in the cards

It' a boy so.....

It's the yorkie I pieced years and years ago.  But never bothered to quilt.  It's the Izzy quilt, that I pieced when I had a yorkie.  It was this daughter that came and rescued her when my first g''child was about to be born because the dog was a bitter of babies.  And I had to get rid of the dog.  So she came to the rescue on a plane and returned home with the dog.  Then Izzy passed away about three years later.  So it's only right that she gets the quilt. But I really really hate the guilting part.  Ughhhhh

No comments: