Friday, July 14, 2006

books i've been reading

Currently readingThe Weather Makers : How Man Is Changing the Climate and What It Means for Life on Earth by Tim Flannery

Wow tres' heavy subject.

I feel like I should take a pop quiz after each chapter.

I've read these in the last couple of weeks-you see, this is why I don't have the time or the inclination to go back to work. Where would I fit it in. Plus I've just moved as well, there's just no time.Nothing is in it's proper place it's going to take a bit to move things around. It's bad enough that my address adds up to a 7, but I also have a toilet in my prosperity area.these books are in no particular order,

Blue Angel : A Novel by Francine Prose

Blue Shoes and Happiness : The New Novel in the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency Series (No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency) by Alexander Mccall Smith

Company : A Novel by Max Barry

Digging to America by Anne Tyler

Mean Boy by Lynn Coady

Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky and Sandra Smith - best book I've read this year,heart wrenchingly sad ending the book and life could have been so much more.......read it in about 12 hours non stop.

Testament : A Novel by Nino Ricci-best book I've read this year. Recomment this one to all my overly religious friends and relatives. Bought a copy for my bible enthusiastic mother as a rebuttle for all our religious disagreements. I really loved this book

Raking the Ashes by Anne Fine - interesting, been there done that

Martha : On Trial, in Jail, and on a Comeback by Robert Slater - always been a fan

Rachael Ray Express Lane Meals : What to Keep on Hand, What to Buy Fresh for the Easiest-Ever 30-Minute Meals by Rachael Ray - My defense is that I was at costco, need I say more, although it's not a bad book. A little top heavy with pasta pasta pasta. I gave my copy to my daughter-in-law. I'm hoping next time I visit their pantry is improved.
A Most Uncommon Degree of Popularity by Kathleen Gilles Seidel - a little childish

The Martha Rules: 10 Essentials for Achieving Success as You Start, Grow, or Manage a Business by Martha Stewart - Great book I keep giving my copy away.

No comments: