Sunday, May 20, 2007

The shower

Well the second shower was on Saturday. But officially I quess it was the first shower, as that one was canceled. So the second one became the first one. It was the "friends" shower. I almost finished the baby blanket, but not. So hopefully it will be finished for the "family" shower some time in June. I had to find something else to take to this shower so I went to a baby store. I haven't been to a baby anything store for years. Wow there sure is a lot of stuff to spend your money on. There's way too much choice. How does anyone make a decission of anything. Well I read about this thing called a timer. So I've been looking for one ever since, itzbeen . It's a male thing I would quess. I wonder how long it will be before the novelty of it will wear off. Anyway since I have two baby's coming I had to buy two of them.

But the best gift was called a "diaper cake". Since my camera isn't here right now, I can't include the picture. But believe me it was amazing. I had to order one for my son's shower. The friend that organized this shower did an amazing job. I think it's true what they say about new mothers and their ability to milti task. What an imagination she has. I remember when I was like that. I think one has to be stressed and busy in order to have a creative imagination. Maybe that's why I have no imagination any longer. I have no stress, and no children to worry about or keep me busy. Poor pitful me. I've been waiting 20 years for this.

I planted my beans and zuccini and tomatoes today. Now all I need is some of that global warming. I just watered them all in and quess what, the sky's opened up and that was before noon and it's still raining. Again my camera is out and no pictures. I'm kinda proud of my little garden. I'm expecting lots of green beans and will really be pissed it they don't grow to their expected potential.

Well I've got two weeks to year end at work, that ought to be fun. The inventory is really a joy. I've been out of my office for two weeks now, filling in for reception. I can hardly wait to be in my isolated little room. I never realized how nozy everyone is whenever I am doing anything financial, or whenever the cheque books are out. It doesn't help that my boss is so paranoid about keeping everything so secret.

My brothers manicure thing is finally a reality manicure plus we've been all waiting like forever for this thing. It should be a real winner.

My mother is planning on being in town for three weeks in June. She's helping my neice with babysitting while her nanny is on holiday back in the Philippines. My first reaction to this news is "she never did that for any of her own children" What gives. So I'm planning on delivering my serger over there and many different flannelette fabric so that she can make a pile of receiving blankets for my two grandchildren. That ought to keep her busy on her off hours.

The quests at the shower started a pool for the date and time of expected arrival. It was kinda funny, I've never been to a his and hers baby shower before. Who knew that guys could have such a sense of humor about babies, and pink fluffy things. I wonder how many of them went home and started on their own babies.

I'm reading a great book called Talking with my Mouth Full. REally enjoying it. I started reading I like you by Amy Sedaris but it got really old after about 1/4 of the way through. Can't see what the big deal is with all the publicity. Talking with my Mouth Full is a much better use of my time. I might even have to buy this book.

No comments: