Saturday, May 26, 2007

Survived

Well the plants survived the snow, the tree out back is still deciding it appear. (the top is bent over). I've got alot of reading to do. A recond number of books that I reserved at the library were waiting for me this morning.
I picked up To Far From Home, last week and unfortunately haven't had much spare time to read it. It's eye opening to realize just how the space industry is running on out of date technology and out of date nuts and bolts. Why would anyone want to be an astronaut and have to deal with the short falls and screw ups. I need to take public transit in order to read. That's where I've found the time. Standing waiting for the bus, and riding the bus really moves those pages. And only puts about 1/2 hour on my commute.
I don't know where I will find the time to read, what with the two quilts I have to get going on (only one is semi completed). And my husband purchased pants that need to be hemmed up. Not to mention that I planned on doing some cooking this weekend. I need some left-overs.
So far I've made some sweat and sour meatballs, spaghetti and meatballs, tuna mix for tuna melts. I have half a baked ham sitting in the fridge just begging to get used for something other than sandwiches. I've just been slicing thin slices off and piling it up on a sandwich. I boiled it in root beer then smothered pomegranate molasses and mustard and brown sugar all over it before baking it. WOW sure is good.
I bought some ground turkey from costco, I hope the meatballs turn out good. That damn ground turkey is $$$.
It's time to taste the meatballs.

No comments: