Thursday, April 24, 2008

Selling


Well my daughter is selling her home and probably moving to BC. I will be losing my granddaughter. I don't know how that's going to go over. I'm not looking forward to it. Why is it that everyone renovates for resale instead of renovating for living in it. I don't understand it. She should have done a little maintenance when things needed to be done. She seems to think nothing really has to be done. Wrong... I've been pulling up hardwood that has to be replaced and replacing cupboard doors. Honestly she just thinks it can be sold as is. Wouldn't that be nice. But alas - work needs to be done. Some people should not own, a little too used to having someone else do the maintenance.
I read somewhere that women's brains shrink during the pregnancy and usually doesn't return to normal until the baby is about 8 months. So my daughter's should be back to normal by now. I don't know what it is, she's in a state of "duh". Can't seem to get out of her funk. And refuses to see a doctor. She goes back to work on tuesday, that can't be anything to look forward to that's for sure. She's been off eleven months now and is not very happy about the prospect of leaving her baby. I've offered to babysit on saturdays, and her husband will be doing tuesday's so there's only wed to fri. But I'm thinking she won't last two weeks before she packs it in.
For the past year I've attempted to talk her into allowing me to train her to do bookkeeping, but that doesn't seem to be exiting enough, but who knows...she may change her mind. I work only 4 - 6 hours a day and make more than she did working 8 - 10 hours. But I quess restaurant management is more exiting. I don't see why - all that standing. That's something that will be hard for her to get used to again. Oh well, I quess we'll just have to wait and see how it all turns out.

No comments: