Friday, January 03, 2014

Mehhhh

Well I finally finished

It was a hard slog
For an author that has soooo many books to her credit I was kinda surprised at the overworded overdone ...everything.
It reads like the book is a first time author
I tend to skip overdone discriptions
I tend to skip overdone back stories...and this one was full of overdone back stories.  If I cared a bit about backstory I could read the series.  About half the book could have been avoided..  Its like the author had a word total everyday and was going to make that total everyday even if it killed her.  I don't particularly like that sort of book.  It's as if the publisher was working the name of the author instead of the actual book.  I hate when that happens.  Doesn't anyone ever read the offering before publishing it.
The story line had so much potential...buy the time I finished it i felt like the whole process was a big waste of my time.  Any book that I stop reading and and forget to start up again - well that just says alot doesn't it.  I usually have to force myself to go to bed.  But with this book  -  not so much.  I even took it to the rec centre during swimming lessons - but I never opened it.  That is a strange occurance.  A good book is usually read at stop lights, I will take transit just to get time to read instead of drive.  But this one just kinda sat unopened everywhere.

And now I'm sitting her wondering why I even finished it.  I could have just read the last chapter and caught up on everything.  Also all the dialogue was mehhhh.

That pretty much sums up the whole book
MEHHH

No comments: