Monday, June 18, 2012

Making do

Today on the menu for dinner is - leftover pie
I have some chicken leftover from some rotisserie i bought on friday and then yesterday from the pork (wow was that ever goooood)

I had to head on down to the grocery story for some celery (lately I`ve been snacking on celery - everything from leftover egg salad, tuna salad, chopped up tomato, basically anything that will fit in the cavity)

I first place I typically head in this store is the veg reduction basket. Last week I scored a large head of cauliflower for $.50 (where is that stupic cents thing and why won`t it work on this keyboard), and i made a wonderful cream of soup with half of it and roasted the other half for dinner.  So I wanted another one for the pie, but alas none was on the table.

But I did get two bags of two different kinds of potatoes for $1.50 and $.60, and a large bag of carrots for $.68.  So that got me to thinking------I should see how many meals I can get out of the day old veg going to the store more often. It`s only a couple blocks away and I usually have to go right on by it whenever I have anywhere to go.   So that`s what I`m going to do......bored am I

No comments: