Monday, November 05, 2012

Current Books

These are the books currently laying around various parts of the house that really, really need to get around to reading. I paid a fine of $25.00 just the other day. I hope they purchase a good book with it.

The Uncommon Appeal of Clouds - Alexander McCall Smith - I actually went to a reading of his last week and the next day I found a copy of his new book on the library shelf under "New and Noteable" yayyy..fast read though
A Nation Worth Ranting About - Rick Mercer - actually I finished this one
The Taliban Don't Wave - Robert Semrau - husband requested this one, I actually put it on reserve list for him though I usually use up all his reserve slots for my own requestes cause then I get 60 requests instead of just a measly 30. doesn't seem like something I'd want to read. But you never know
A Conspiracy of Friends - Alexander McCall Smith, I think I might have already read this one - seems like I should have but haven't had a chance to take a peak yet 
How to Cook Like a Man - Daniel Duane, I like memoirs about food usually
The BookClub Cookbook this one is in the van, and I haven't had a chance to be stuck in a waiting room lately so it remains unfinished
The Naptime Chef - Kelsey Banfield, don't know why I requested this one---my daughter must have done it, she really needs to get her own card talk about lazy - wonder who she gets that from
Seasonings, a Year of Local Flavours - This one was very good It's a Nelson BC book - I will probably buy a copy if I ever actually see one. Probably have to look for one when I go home for a visit.  I really enjoyed this book and cooked a few things from it. 
A Rich Spot of Earth - Peter Hatch, wrong time of year for this one
No One Would Listen - Harry Marcopolos, saw the documentary just the other day - maybe don't have to read it now and with so many others stacked around to read, will probably just take this one back unread.
Weelicious - Again, this one is probably one of my daughters requests. But I did flip through it - underwhelmed....seemed like something everyone should be able to do with out any imagination....
The Kitchen Daughter - Jael McHenry---seems i've had this one before, but I don't remember ever reading it
Urban Farms - Sarah Rich
Dolci - Francine Segan
Grow Cook Eat - Willi Galloway
Atonement - Ian McEwan ---I don't know...seems a little heavy
Inside the Otherside - Concetta Bertoldi ---I don't know about this one, maybe I'm watching too much of The Long Island Medium lately
The House in France - Gully Wells, I hope this one is going to be a little different than all the other ones just like it. But I'm not expecting much
Culture Rebel -Connie Jacab
The Witch's Daughter - Paula Brackston, some reviews have been good, others not-so-much...
Paris, My Sweet - Amy Thomas, I have hopes that this one has something different to say than all the other ones that have blogs already, but the reviews don't seem all that favorable. Hope it's not the-same-old-same-old....
Final Sail, A dead-ends job mystery series - Elaine Viets
The Wierd Sisters - Eleanor Brown, this one looks promising - great reviews - don't know why I haven't read it yet, it's just sitting there on the stairs waiting for me
This is How You Lose Her -Junot Diaz, this one comes with great reviews
Terrarium Craft - Amy Bryant Aiello, very inspiring if I ever get any ambition--or some great containers
Inside Out & Back Again - Thanhha Lai, looks promising....the diaspora through a childs eyes





No comments: