Friday, November 30, 2012

Ginger Chicken

I haven't cooked chicken thighs in a long time.  I find the veins, veins, and other ...stuff unappetizing.  Breast are just a ...cleaner chicken piece to deal with and still eat afterwards.

But then after buying some boneless skinless thighs I thought I would make some "Black Chicken"  even though I haven't made any for ages.  I had to really search for the original recipe from Barefoot Contessa's Indonesian Ginger Chicken recipe.

The only difference is her recipe calls for 2 cut-up 3 1/2 lb chickens.  I quartered the recipe add 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp lea and perrins.

I  wanted to cook up 8 chicken pieces cause there's only two of us to eat it. But I'm sorry I didn't use all 15 thighs.

Add all the ingredients into a dutch oven thing and bring to a boil for about 3-4 minutes. Put 8 boneless skinless thighs curled-side down and simmer for 1/2 hr


and sorta spread them out and push them down.

after a 1/2 hr turn them over

then throw the whole works into the oven, covered at 350 for 1/2 hr.  Remove pot from oven and turn them over and return back to the oven at a lower temp about 250 for 15-20 min.


During the in-and-out of the oven you might want to baste them
I turn them "curly" side up....at the end so they don't dry out if your waiting for the rest of dinner to be served


I covered the pot and kept it in the oven after I turned it off and the liquid was almost all absorbed.



MMmmmm....mmmm
I should have cooked all 15 cause I almost polished all of them off just picking at them.

No comments: