Wednesday, April 17, 2013

First there was six





TheGallery




There it is, what's left of 6 seedlings of lettuce leaf basil
Maybe the view scared the other 4

Or maybe I just forgot to water it last week.
thankfully there will be a visitor from back home next week that can bring a couple more seedlings from my mother.  Fingers crossed that she's driving and not flying.

This might be a streeeeetch for "youth"....but there you have it.  The youth of my "non garden" this year
Thank goodness there is a rather large patio to accomodate the planters cause I'm not spending the money on any garden that will be left behind in a year and a half.  It's even south west facing.  The only thing I may actually "plant in the ground" in green beans up the lattice.

before - let's see how this will look next month.

3 comments:

Lous Lake Views said...

I don't blame them for not wanting to sprout when it's still so cold, I'm staying in too!

Jaime Oliver said...

I love your take on youth! i cant wait to see how your 'youth' get on :-)

Mother Goutte said...

One of my daughters has just planted some watercress and was disappointed that it wasn't taking very well... The joys of gardening!