Friday, April 12, 2013

Someday

Unpacked this yesterday
It's one for the "X-man"  ...in the house. Do you see the x's...there's nine, I think...everytime I look at it - I see more. Xander is my g'son and he should have had one of his own quilts when he was born.  But it didn't work out that way.  He's 4 and still hasn't got one.  He has several baby quilts.

I was running out of the white on white that were in the centers, so I switched to
a different off white star thing for the corners
This top was made in blocks, but looking at it right now, I can't see where the blocks started and where they ended, and if I added strips here and there or not.  Maybe I made them in blocks of four, I really can not remember.  Except it was driving me crazy at the time.
Then added the two different borders
And Looking at it right now, maybe It could have used another border.  But that's it, not going back.  If I have to remove all those pins I might have to kill myself.

I had to sand down the tips of each and everyone of them, so that the fabric wouldn't be compromised but breaking threads on the fabric.

And then the mistake.....I didn't notice it until i hung it up on the rod.  I didn't even plan of 3 purple block on each corner,  but there are three of them
#1

#2
#3

ooooops, yellow 
I wasn't even actually planning on the four square of purple in each corner, It's a good thing, cause there's only actually 3 corners and 1 ooops.

Oh, well.  Every quilt needs and requires some errors.  This one should make the grade.  Looking at it, I kinda like the way it turned out.

Now for the worse part possible......

The actually quilting.......ughhhhhhhhhhhhh
I really, really hate that part.
I don't know what to do, or where to start.
I should call up someone with a machine.
Wonder how much that would cost.
Or maybe a quliting guild needs a project.
Or maybe a need to join a guild again.

Everyone who looks at it chooses a favorite square.  And the favorites change from one moment to another.



No comments: