Friday, March 15, 2013


I've got the dropsies today
Everything I touch ends up on the floor ...and it's only 10:30 A.M.

1. Poached egg on toast - as I was about to put the fork in my mouth, the fork ended up on the floor, not before bouncing off my lap---the fork had a perfectly gooie, runny ---just the way I love it--- yolk, piece of toast and smear of HP sauce.  Bounced off my lap, hit a chair, did a fancy spin then hit the floor.  You would not imagine that a little piece of food could make such a mess. Smears, bits of egg, and hp sauce everywhere.  Now I'm going to have to change out of my formerly white sweater.

2.  Decided to look for some puff pastry in the freezer section of fridge and proceeded to send five loaded ice cube trays to the the floor. Not before bouncing all over the place.   What a mess.  Didn't find any puff pastry ...stuck everything back in the freezer after refilling ice cube trays.  Slammed the door shut.

3. Opened the fridge for some coffee creamer and dislodged a jar of strawberry jam.  It proceeded to bounce off the shelf onto another shelf then did a final bounce onto the ceramic tiled floor.  Sticky glass everywhere.  After cleaning up this mess I noticed more puddles of former ice cubes.  Cleaned that up also.

4.  Decided I needed something with my coffee...headed back in the kitchen, opened the fridge and pulled out some couple days old (wow this stuff just get better and better) skillet corn bread. If you want some goooood corn bread, try Martha's recipe.  Sliced a couple pieces off, buttered it and was about to leave when I noticed the freezer door ajar.  Opened it and a bag of peas poured out on me.  And bounced around.  3/4 of a bag of the f*cking things. It was probably me that just threw them in without making sure the bag was actually closed.    Cleaned it up.

5.  Had a piece of buttered cornbread hanging out of my mouth (my hands were full)....it broke off and fell butter side down on yet another puddle of melted ice cubes.  Cleaned this up.

6.  Swore and cursed like a ....well like me - grabbed my coffee and turned to leave the room with the remaining piece of corn bread and managed to splash out 1/2 of my cup of coffee alloverthef*cking kitchen.

I'm not looking forward to the rest of the day.....at all --- it's going to be an accident just waiting to happen.  I can just feel it.

It's not so much a dropsie day---more like a bouncy day

No comments: