Sunday, January 13, 2013

I woke up Saturday with soft boiled eggs on the brain.  So I went downstairs and prepared a breakfast-in-bed tray of coffee, eggs, and toast.



....it was okaaaaay. but the yolk was a little overdone.  A little less runny would have been ideal.  And on Saturday there were only 3 eggs in the fridge.  So I took possesion of the third egg, much to the dissapointment of my husband.  There was just enough stinky (greek salad) left over from the night before.


Later that day I went shopping and replenished the egg supply.

So on Sunday when I again...woke up with a desire for soft boiled egg I had a fresh supply.

Again...I prepared a tray




This time there were 4 eggs, and sausages instead of salad.  And I cut 3 sausages up hoping my husband wouldn't eat 3 or 4 all on his own.  Trying to get some weight off of him, I'm trying a strategy of making less look like more.  So far it's working.




And today's egg was juuuuuust right.  Nice and cooked ...but runny yolk.

I found this article  some time ago, But I reduce the cooking time to 5 minutes instead of 5 1/2 as stated in the article.  I take the pot off the burner at exactly 5 min and place the eggs into a large bowl in the sink, and pour the hot boiled water over the cooked eggs, then butter the toast that popped up, and then pour cold water out of the tap onto the bowl of boiled water.  It get's replaced with cold, then they are easier to handle the the cooking stops.

So far...this works for the perfect runny yolk

No comments: